Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend in Biloxi

Once again, the Meridian Sharks dragged us out of Meridian to discover more of Mississippi and to attend the TNT Summer Beach Blast Long Course Invitational. This time we traveled south to the the Gulf Coast, namely Biloxi. Since I was five years old, Biloxi has been the destination for Andy and the rest of the Dampeers for two weeks out of the year. It was two weeks that I dreaded and often threatened that I was going to make the trek with them. I never did.
With Katrina safely in the rearview mirror, the Mississippi (and Alabama) coast looks good. I have no idea what it look like previously, but some things are looking good and there are construction crews on pretty much everything else. The sand is nice, bright white! Marin loves pointing at the gulf and stating, "BEACH!" with extra emphasis on the "CH" part. She was a little suspicious of the sand in between her toes..."Dirty!" she kept saying.
While Tracey has been busy with the meet, Marin and I have kept ourselves busy with going to the BEACH! and also the pool here at the hotel. We also visited Keesler Air Force base--she can never get enough of looking at old airplane static displays. There also is a huge mall here that Marin was ready to declare her new residence. I finally dragged her away with a little bribery. Mass at Our Lady of Fatima was nice, and it was kept under the one hour barrier (a rare feat down here).
Now Marin is taking a little cat nap and we're going to be checking out..not without hitting the pool one more time.

3 comments:

Coco said...

I love hearing about all of the towns you're going to in MS for swim meets...we went to the same places when we swam there!

Brigid and Kyle said...

It sounds like Marin will be taking after her mother with all the swimming at the pools & beaches. What fun to discover interesting places.

Sara said...

I'm glad it was fun, and you enjoyed good quality "Daddo" time!