I wanted to share this picture that my mom took of us during our visit to San Diego last month. My mom, God love her, would never claim to be a seasoned photographer, but whether it be sheer luck or momentary streaks of pure genius, my mom has, upon occasion, captured some indescribable images with her little camera. On July 5, 2006, mom managed to get the most unbelievable picture of Marin literally taking her very first breath of life. For obvious reasons that picture will never be put on this blog, but it is probably the coolest picture I have ever seen. This picture is, for me, another top fiver. I can't really describe the reason why and that's pretty much the whole point. There just aren't words for it.....
One more thing I want to mention -- Tom and I are competing in an itty-bitty (aka sprint) triathlon this Saturday in Madison, MS. I'm not going to lie to you - I'm a little bit nervous. Not about actually doing the triathlon or competing against the other athletes, but rather that I will likely get my butt kicked by Tom despite the following: my new, super "high tech" triathlon outfit, my unfair advantage in the swim portion, the lucky penny in my running shoe, my ipod loaded up with the new Better Than Ezra cd (which, btw, is AWESOME), oh and let's not forget that I will be on a new road bike while Tom is riding an antique mountain bike. I fear that the meager 250M distance on the swim portion is just not going to be enough to give me the lead I will need to hold him off. We'll see. I'm sure we'll have some pics to share and perhaps the winner will have enough strength left at the finish to capture some video of the loser coming across the finish line ;)
3 comments:
The picture is amazing. There has to be a contest in which it could be submitted!
Good luck in the triathlon! Go easy on Boog, remember he's just a young man.
Have fun in the drama of swim team stuff.
Great picture!
Good luck in the triathlon...I think you can beat Boog - enjoy the competition and the new gear!
good job in the triathlon! And 250 meters is definitely not long enough to get a decent lead. I don't even think 800 is long enough. As my boyfriend once suggested, there should be an "equitri" race where the distances are comparable to help the retired swimmers out!
Post a Comment