Sunday, August 02, 2009

August Pre-Travel Update




This summer is seemingly running right passed us. Since our last update, we all made the trip to Cleveland, MS and Delta State University for Mississippi Long Course State Swim Meet. From Thursday at 2pm until Sunday at 7pm, it was back and forth across the pool for Tracey's best swimmers. There were lots of highlights, but my favorite for sure was watching one of Tracey's swimmers win the 100 Butterfly in comeback fashion.

Surprisingly, Cleveland had a couple of good little places to eat and some crazy terrain that could only be described as a bayou.



On Saturday, Tracey and Sara coordinated our very first garage sale to get rid of some stuff before we put the house up for sale. Things were priced to sell. Tracey proudly cleared out all of it (after a post-sale trip to Salvation Army) and netted $400+. Whohoo! One highlight was when an elderly woman wondered if we had any men's clothes, since her grandson was "pert near, nekked." I ran inside and came back with jeans, and long sleeve shirt and two swim suits and sold them for $10!



And now having just returned from Jacksonville, FL from another trip to the carrier, we are packing our bags for Southern California to find out about Ventura County and look at some places--not to mention take in a Jackson Browne concert, hit Knotts Berry Farm and, of course, take in the sights at Disneyland.
This Fall I was trying to coordinate a flyover of the Notre Dame versus Washington football game and things were looking pretty good. But this week I found out that it is for sure not going to happen. To make up for that, I flew over the house tonight and since I had warned Tracey, she was able to get this little clip.

4 comments:

Michigan Palmers said...

That was awesome!!!!

Lisa said...

I'm sure that wasn't Cleveland, Ohio...Great video fly by!

Brigid and Kyle said...

Love the video! Congrats on your swimmers, Tracey! I'm sure they'll miss you next year. Have fun in CA-wish we were going to Disneyland with you! We'll just have to dream about it.

Sara said...

Miss you all! I know you're having fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.