Here are some pictures of our time in the Bahamas. The other folks are either Rob & Leea (whom you probably recognize) or The MacCallums--Scott, Betsy and their son, Charlie.
What a trip! Scott's uncle let us use his home on Eleuthera Island. The weather wasn't ideal, but there were no hurricanes either.
We took only a few photos here with more coming...I have to steal them off of Rob & Leea's camera. It was simply amazing. The island has shells on it like we have rocks in Mississippi. We came home with 3 or 4 bags full of conch, sand dollars, starfish and other neat shells. We snorkled on the beach in front of the house and saw bright fish, sea turtles, barracuda and even shark. It was very rural and had a 3rd world feel to it. We bought jugs of water, showered in rain water that had been stored and were without TV and internet for the duration...I did watch the end of the ND vs. Southern Cal game however. The nights were as amazing as the days with the stars coming out by the billions. One night alone I spotted 10 shooting stars! The people were friendly and didn't seem to mind that I was using the Atlantic in lieu of a shower. More photos to come!
3 comments:
Wow, you guys, that looks like an AMAZING vacation!! I would stay forever in water that blue and clear, and with those blue skies?! Love the pics.
Great pictures! Looks like a beautiful spot!
A TRUE getaway. Nice.
Post a Comment