Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Eight to Eight


I remeber when Tracey was about 3 months pregnant and I came home with a book entitled Twelve Hours by Twelve Weeks. Tracey laughed and I sort of felt stupid because here we were 6 months before the birth and all I care about is a decent night's rest. The book seemed a little far-fetched in my mind though only some of of it didn't work for us. We don't stay hard and fast to schedules or let her cry without coming to her aid, but it did give us something from which to deviate. And the results are in: Marin has slept two nights in a row from 8pm to 8am.
We are not sure if this will continue, but we are hopeful. She really seems like a baby who likes to sleep. Her worst days are not when she feeds poorly (these are rare), but when she doesn't get her morning or long afternoon nap.
It should be noted that Marin was awake (and having almost as bad a time as her dad) for the first part of the ND/MSU game. She finally fell asleep, ND finally woke up and despite my screaming at the television, Marin slept.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so stinkin' cute!!!!! And how lucky to have such a good sleeper. Mine were good sleepers too, and that is when they grow. Do ya think? naw .... she will stay nice and petite and her shoe size will undoubtedly be smaller than an 18. I'm glad you toughed it out to watch the whole game, I gave up and went to bed. Only to awake with the gamedayguys saying that we'd won. And I had to pinch myself several times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Watch for Purdue game notes. And I promise to stick with them for better or worse, in sleeping and awake, 'til Charlie's angels come to the rescue. Hello angels ...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your nights while they last! I've found that sleep patterns come and go almost as quickly as these little ones grow. As for the IRISH, I'd gone to bed but was still awake and had to get up to dance a jig when that guy intercepted & ran for the touchdown. Onward to Purdue...

Momma, Queen of the House said...

Aunt Priscilla here. I use Momma, Queen of the House with our blog.
We have so enjoyed your tales and adventures of Marin's birth and the move to Memphis. We check all the Cronley blogs every time we sign in. Keep the nooz and photos coming so we can stay connected.
I stayed up for the whole ND game even tho I bailed in the 2nd half for the Michigan game. Go Irish!

HalfSoul said...

This is the cutest picture so far and it's not because she's sporting KU attire...it's cause of her huge grin. There must be something in the air because Nolan started sleeping through the night also!!! I wish I could…it’s a bit hard when you’re totally engorged.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I feel about the bow!? Shouldn't be covering up the mullet. I say show it off with pride in Mississippi!