
This is going to be a hard sell. The geographic layout of the immediate family favors most of the northern or mountain (colder) states. I am not in the North and the highest altitude I've seen around here puts me about a mile below Park City. That's not the point. Mississippi should be warmer this time of year and I'm looking for some sympathy from the media, similar to the hourly "Upstate New York Update" or if that fails, from at least the average blog veiwer, in the form of compassionate and concerned comments.
Here's my point, these are the only days of the year that are supposed to be lovely, if not bearable, AND IT'S FREEZING! After doing absolutely no legitimate research, I've come to the conclusion that this year has been colder than usual and it's been this way for longer than usual. We really didn't get started with the cold until after Thanksgiving when some of you were hear to enjoy our comfortable November temps. Here it is mid-February and tonight is supposed to be in the 20s! If November is nice, why isn't January?
Pretty much the rest of the Cronley side is going to be colder than that tonight, yes. However, I'm going to bring this back up in August when the atomic clock runs out of digits to display the temperature and y'all are basking in the glow of a gentle afternoon sun and summer breeze.
5 comments:
Hey, I totally understand where you're coming from. It was, like, 65 degrees here today in San Diego. We had lunch outside on the water and the restaurant only had 4 heat lamps ... can you say shiver?!
Boog and Tracey, what can I say? It's cold everywhere. . . not really in Park City though. Here, I wish it were colder and I wish we had more snow. As it stands, we can see the grass in much of our yard; and as I write this comment, it is 10pm and 35F outside. The snow base at Park City is 50 inches and it is usually over 100 inches this time of year. I hope it warms in Mississippi soon.
Peace,
Joe
Do you hear the violin playing your sad song? Or maybe it is my son John playing the Blues on his Sax... Anyway, sorry that you had to be in Mississippi for this cold year. We awoke today to 40F and it feels wonderful.
Boog,
Get this, Al Gore's Flop-umentary on Global Warming was scheduled not once, but twice for a very well-publized showing here in STL including academics, activist, and a few highly intelligent Actors from L.A. This was with much fanfare & support, only to be cancelled due to frigid temperatures & ice! HA!
On that thought, I think I will exhale a mouthful of CO2!!!
Where in the H@LL is Global Warming when we need it!! Like NOW!!
Okay Boog, Tracey and Marin ...
I agree if you wanted 20 degree weather you should still be living in Michigan. 'Twas a heatwave yesterday with temps reaching 44 degrees. Not enough to melt the snow, but enough to show some concrete on the driveway. I am sorry for your troubles, and when you are off the temp. gauge in August, you can visit me!!!!!
Post a Comment