Thursday, May 10, 2007

Memphis in May


While Tom was livin' it up in Jacksonville and Key West, FL, this past week, Marin and I were invited by Amy, Nic and Peter Morrison to take a last minute road trip up to Memphis! I was a little nervous about doing a longer drive alone with Marin, but my worries were for nothing. She seriously slept the whole way there and back and after filling up with gas I was able to make both legs of the trip without stopping! It was fantastic! We had a great time and Marin was finally able to meet her newest boyfriend, Peter. He is a sweet baby and although he is 6 months younger than Marin, the two weigh the same! They have so much in common, they even wear the same size diaper.
On Sunday evening, Amy and I left the two babies at home with two great babysitters (Nic and Michelle) and we ventured to the Beale St. Music Festival. Despite being quite muddy, it was an absolute blast! We saw Guster and Counting Crows and other bands too. These are a couple of pics from the festival and a funny shot of the two babies.
<---Note the abandoned flip-flops in the mud to the left


Also, a silly video:
Peter Morrison & Marin video

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Peter's not as excited about the camera as Marin.
Can't wait to see you in Memphis since you've had a preview!

Anonymous said...

She's still the cutest - I think Peter's just in shock over what a kid can do.