
Yep, Marin is 1 year--12 months if you speak the "parenting lingo." I decided a few months back that I'd no longer be using months to gauge her age. It seems a bit silly. No one else uses months for ages, why use it for little ones?
So the party was great fun as you can see. Marin's great Aunt Amy and great Aunt Lorinda & Great Uncle Mike were present along with Grandma Mac--A pretty crazy bunch for her first birthday! She ate her first cake that her mom made from scratch. The cake was actually a group of little individual lemon or vanilla flavored cakes in the shapes of various bugs: Dragonflies, and Marin's favorite Ladybugs. We know that Marin loves ladybugs because at least half of the stuff she wears and most of her toys are ladybugs. Despite staying up later than normal and eating twice her normal intake, Marin did well on her first birthday and genuinely seemed happy.
From there we kicked off a 4-day 1000 mile trip to and from Santa Rosa, CA to among other things, celebrate Tracey's second cousin's wedding. Loads of fun, and loads of driving that included a "moderate speed police chase" and a rather slow--20 miles in 2 hours--section of US 101.
We survived and now that I'm back in Mississippi, I have much to miss. I miss Tracey & Marin who are staying in CA until the end of the month. And I miss California.
2 comments:
Boog-So good to hear from YOU! FYI-2 pictures don't come through unless you click on them. She is so cute - I bet you do miss both of your girls. We'll chat soon.
PS - I hope that YOU weren't the ones being chased by the police!
Post a Comment