Sunday, January 20, 2008
A Little Chaos
We have invited chaos into our household and well......it looks like she's decided to make us her permanent family. She has materialized (and when I say "materialized" I mean that we researched ad nauseam, paid good money for her and drove 8 hours roundtrip to pick her up and bring her back with us) as a gorgeous and fluffy ball of sweetness and we call her Muzzy Blue. She is an 8 week old puppy. Tom likes to tell people that we "rescued her from a breeder." Marin already loves her tiny and furry sister. It is so much fun to watch the two of them chase each other around. It's also eye opening to watch Marin react to seeing another being receive so much affection from her parents. Surprisingly she seems to be just fine with that -- it's Muzzy's crate that has her in a fit at least twice a day. She is SOO jealous that Muzzy has her own little cage that she can crawl in and out of. We're beginning to think that really the best Christmas present Santa could have brought for her would have been her own personal cardboard box!? What a lunatic.
We are facing a few challenges right now (potty and crate training) and I'm sure we're in store for a few more down the road, but we think Muzzy is well worth it. I commented to Tom earlier today that it's kind of like we have two toddlers right now -- one who gets to wear diapers and one who doesn't. Seriously, I hope I don't offend anybody when I say this, but I cannot imagine what life is like for those parents who potty train their infants from day one by not using diapers at all -- have you heard about this? I call it crazy. If it were feasible and reasonable to put a puppy in diapers, I would do it. Anyhow, while we do have moments of craziness in our house these days, it's really just lots of fun (minus the middle of the night potty breaks in single digit temps with an inch of snow on the ground -- but Tom did all of that last night, so what am I complaining about? -- actually it was pretty tortuous when he, in the form of a popsicle, climbed back in bed and nearly froze me right out.....)! Yes, I am thrilled that Tom is willing to do the midnight potty breaks and he certainly has won over Muzzy by doing so ---- SHE LOVES HIM!! It is adorable. She follows him around like, well, a little lost puppy dog. Two gentle souls. Cal on the other hand...........let's just say that Muzzy is really putting the "gentleness" of his soul to the test.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I see that Cal has taken the attitude that 'if I ignore it, it'll just go away!' Good Luck with Muzzy, Cal!
The little Muzzy is so cute. So how big will he get?
Oops! I see that Muzzy is a "she." Sorry, Muzzy Girl.
Muzzy is so pretty and super silly!!!! Marin was sure ready for her with her cute little puppy outfit :) I can't wait to hear more and see more video!
Cath
Looks like Cal was having a "time-out"! I can't believe it's that cold in Meridian but I do remember it snowing a few times when we lived there. Brrhhh!
Post a Comment