Thursday, October 09, 2008

Growing Right Up

Marin has been at again. Right before our eyes, she becoming a little girl and learning all kinds of new tricks. My favorite is that she is aware of the presidential campaigns that are going on. "Barack Obama!" is her favorite political figure to point out on the TV. With a little coaching, you can get her to mention John McCain too. I'm saving video evidence until I can get her to do an adequate impersonation of the candidates. As a child, one of my tricks was that I could do an impression of then President (or maybe former President by then) Jimmy Carter. It was simply me smiling as big as possible while saying "Jimmy Carter!" Again, I'm working on impressions (I've got the time), and we'll get back to you. Marin is also trying her best in her new "big girl bed." She is very excited to have this new place to play and read books, but the idea that she has to stay in her bed for the whole night is a little foreign to her. She has been wandering into our room, but she's trying her best and I'm certain she'll be staying there soon. Here are some pictures of Marin showing of her new bed.
She's also been dabbling with her ABCs. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Brigid and Kyle said...

She's ready for kindergarbage!

What a lucky girl to have a 'big girl bed'! If she stays in bed all night by kindergarten then you're doing fine.

Anonymous said...

Marin had a beautiful voice singing.
Love, Erin

Sara said...

I'll sing with you this weekend!

Michigan Palmers said...

I just wanna squeeze her!!!! I especially love the t-who-v, it reminds me a little of the h-i-j-kalamunopee that I can remember from another alphabet learner.