Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Catching Up

The past couple of weeks have been busy! While Tom was at the boat, my mom and sister were here to keep me company and to help me out with managing Marin, coaching, maintaining household/sanity. Our neighborhood "nanny", Ms Johnnie Nell, fell and broke her shoulder a couple of weeks ago :( She is doing fine and will make a full recovery, but needless to say it has taken it's toll on her and on us! We miss having her take such good care of Marin!! So anyhow, it was very nice to have some family here to help out. We had a great visit and as always, the time went to quickly. My sister and I did a little side trip while they were here in the south. For my birthday, Cath had bought us two tickets to see No Doubt in Atlanta, so we took a quick road trip to GA for the concert -- it was fantastic and we had a blast!! and yes, we did tour the CNN headquarters, but were disappointed to learn that Anderson Cooper is actually based out of New York (actually, I could care less, but it seemed that every other woman on the tour was DEVASTATED). Thankfully we did not run into Nancy Grace either because I think I would have had to punch her -- can't stand that woman! Tom returned from the boat on Thursday and then we left Friday to head up to Memphis for a weekend of swimming. I had 7 kids actually make the trek up there for the meet -- it was great! The meet went well and it was especially nice that it was a VERY well managed meet and we were actually done each day before 1pm! This left us plenty of time to hang out with our dear friends AmyD and Nic Morrison and their sweet kids, Peter and Lily. We had a great time! Now it's back to reality and possibly time to start doing some research on the Camarillo, Oxnard, Ventura, CA areas :) I am so excited to be within walking/running/biking distance of the ocean, and the Pacific Ocean at that and to be within a short driving distance of my mom's house and where I grew up and also wine country and the bay area and family in Northern California!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, big sigh of relief.
Here are some pics of the past few weeks. Can you pick out the one where Marin freaked out after having a potty training "accident" (#2) in the bathtub?! I'm so proud of her for instinctively knowing that she needed to get out of the water, any way possible!
Hope everyone is doing well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracey-

Buenas tardes from Panama. I'm sure Snowball told you Margaret and I spent two years at Point Mugu before we moved here.

Please hit me anytime at christecc@tcsc.southcom.mil (I'm always up crackberry) if you have any questions.
Hugs, CCC

We're envious!

PS Rob Myers is dreamier than ever now that he has a centerfold in Redbook!

Kelly said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a fun adventure with your sister and a great time with all the girls together! We look forward to more details about Point Mugu!!

Michigan Palmers said...

Those pics were awesome! Marin's bathtub looks like playland at McDonald's with all those toys. And I'm impressed that you both fit in the wagon. How was No Doubt live? Gwen's lips red?

Sara said...

Fantastic pics! Fun times. I'm so glad you had that time together.