
This week, while aboard the Navy's newest aircraft carrier, the USS George HW Bush, I received notice that I needed to contact the detailer in charge of my follow-on orders. As you might imagine, calling someone from a ship, involves the use of a satellite phone and an extremely annoying, but wholly necessary pause after each transmission, to allow the data to travel to space and back. After miraculously getting a hold of someone who prides himself on being hard to contact, I found out that the Cronley's of Meridian will soon and once again be the Cronley's of Southern California! I've been assigned to fly the C-130 Hercules out of Point Mugu, California with VR-55. We are extrmely excited about our move back to the West Coast which will occur March of next year.
Now about the C-130, it has been around a while, it's somehow not as pretty as the S-3 and Tracey's dad flew it in Vietnam! Also, in case they need to do this testing on it again, I think they'll chose the right guy. Thanks for all the prayers!
View Larger Map
6 comments:
CONGRATS!!! We know that you were praying for a California location. Additionally, Kyle's company is in Thousand Oaks, CA; very close to your new locale!
Now, you just have to survive the next 9 months.
YAY! We are so excited for you guys. The Pt Hueneme area is very pretty and somehow manages to have lots of conveniences even though it feels more small-town. I'm so jealous! =) Congratulations, Cronleys!
Awesome news!!! We are so excited for you and your upcoming move. Do you have a paper chain yet to count down the days? Yippee!
Congrats Tracey and Boog and Marin! Glad to hear that you will be heading back to the West! Looking forward to visiting you once you get settled in!
Boog, Tracey, Marin & Muzzy--
We are thinking of heading to So Cal, do you want to share a house?
-John
I'm sorry (the only one) that you will have to leave Marin with me to continue her southern belle training. No, I'm really happy for you and it will be an awesome place to visit!
Post a Comment