I have not written in a while and though I have had great plans for loads of amazing stories, none have made it. Being away for a while has given me the chance to think and a little bit of the loneliness that is somehow related or required to inspire my blog updates. Don't feel bad--after reading, I'm certain you won't.
Last month, I left from Camarillo and in a little more than a week, I'll be back. In the meantime, I've been doing what in the Carrier Navy is called Port Calls. In the "logistics" Navy, this is work.
To be sure, I am working. I've logged thousands of miles and hours and even a few decent landings (carrier landings are not as well-appreciated). I have flown more hours in the past month than I did in the previous 6 combined. And, of course, I'm away from home, which is particular hard given Tracey's pregnancy and Marin's new found sass. Her reign is coming to an end soon...in more way than one. The King is due in only 5 weeks! Tracey reports that all is well and though I know it is, it is only because she is working harder than any women in week 35 of a pregnancy should.
So what have I been up to? Since leaving, I've landed in Newfoundland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Greece, Romania, Kuwait, Diego Garcia, Thailand, Japan and South Korea. By next week, I will add Guam and Australia to that list.
What are we doing? I've been site seeing. However, the plane carries people and cargo. We carry it from A to B and we do it at a speed that though not fast, is fast enough. That's it. It's a simple mission that happens to be worldwide. It is a lot of fun, it is exciting and I look forward to seeing more places...just not until I spent some time at home. And next time, I am going to bring a camera.
6 comments:
Single parenting is NOT for me. We miss you tons and can't wait for you to get home!! and always proud of you for working so hard. See you SOON!
I don't know how you do it! Traveling back and forth to Denver is hard enough for me! Glad to hear that you are at least getting to see lots of interesting places in the process, and we look forward to hearing about your retun home soon to your family!!
WHAT? NO camera??? Kudos to Tracey for holding down the fort. I can't wait to hear the news when California baby arrives. Wasn't there a Dr. Seuss book titled .. Oh the Places You'll Go ..? I can only dream of going those places, and am glad you get that experience. Though it would be nice to see them over the course of a lifetime, with your wife, and not all at once. :) See you in Nov!!!
Yo Boog. Glad to hear about the travels. Sounds exciting! Looking forward to the birth of JB's newest cousin! By the way, Lee won American Idol.
Peace,
Joe
Your wife is amazing, for sure! I wish Aunt Sara was close again to assist. I'll be there soon!! I know that they are glad you have returned now. Pictures would have been great, but I'm not sure you had time anyway. See you soon!
Bennett looks great! Congrats! I love the pictures! Keep them coming!
Post a Comment