Saturday, July 03, 2010

Bennett Thomas Cronley!

He has arrived! Coming only one day after his due date, Ben (as we've been secretly calling him for months now!) came after a brief and totally painless labor--says the father. With Tracey's bag of waters breaking in the middle of the night, we were certain that Tracey's doctor was going to start forcing the inducing medications. But not this time. We were very happy to let nature take its course and allow Ben to come on out on his own schedule. Thank you to Grandma Mac and Aunt Cath (who got Ben the a certain bib pictured in the slide show below) for being with us during this special and busy time.
Sixteen hours later, we were holding the newest Cronley and he was ready to eat! Tracey's meat-free diet seemed to be more than adequate, as he was 8 lbs and over 21 inches long. He seems to be a good eater already and has even squeezed in a few winks of sleep in the last 4 days.
As for who he most looks like, I'll leave that up to you. We have noticed that he looks a lot like what Marin looked like as a baby, but with blonde hair. Speaking of blondies, Tracey is well and is holding up amazingly despite impossible hours, the demands of raising an almost 4-year old (Monday!) and keeping the house from looking like a war zone.
Muzzy has really been good with Ben (I promise to get a picture of this) and Cal is relatively unchanged...unfortunately.
Enjoy the photos, happy 4th and stay tuned for more.

5 comments:

Michigan Palmers said...

Great photos! Welcome Ben! I think he looks like Boog (and I am not biased in the least). I wonder if he'll have freckles too? I love the freckles on Marin's nose, so cute!! Glad to hear all is well.

Erin Sinnokrak said...

YAY! Congratulations, Tracey, Tom, and big sister Marin! Love the name Bennett, btw. =)

Joe C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe C. said...

Thanks for the sharing the pictures (finally). I know Boog has been bored the last 6 days. Congratulations on the arrival of Ben! JB is excited to have a younger cousin (finally) and looks forward to showing Ben the ropes! Tracey, get some well deserved rest and put Boog to work!

Kelly said...

Congrats to the Cronleys and welcome Ben! Great to see you all on video chat. Tracey -- you look so relaxed and content in the photos -- great work!! Everyone looks fantastic! Hugs to all