Friday, February 17, 2006

If you need me...

Curacao. Not long ago, I knew very little about this island in the Caribbean. Truthfully, I didn’t even know it was in the Caribbean. But now, I’m on the doorstep of going down there for a stint to help our East Coast friends.

While on the boat, it seemed like a great idea when we asked to help, but we’ll see. Our squadron has a history of doing things like this. Last cruise, someone thought a 24-hour race through the desert would be tons of fun. Oh, and also, the portion of the race in the mountains and in soft sand, was to be completed while on a bicycle. Horrible. We ended up losing one guy and everyone got mad at one another. I think while on the boat, one needs to be careful with these grand ideas since pretty much anything (besides spending time on a boat) seems like a fantastic idea. We'll see though.

All things considered this should be a fun time. I wish Tracey could come down there. I know she and the baby would enjoy the sun and sand, but you can't do it all. While there, I hope to continue to post updates of how things are going. So far, I know that the island is virtually surrounded by coral, the water is clear and weather is consistently 80° and breezy. Not bad, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Boog. Glad to hear you're headed for more warm weather. NOT FAIR!!! We started with freezing rain/snow/thunder/lightning and 20 degree weather yesterday. Today temperature has dropped 10 degrees (but WOOHOO we have SUN). Tonight supposed to drop to below zero and remain that way through Sunday. Winter has FINALLY arrived in Michigan. ps. Brig it was -20 this morning in Sioux Falls.

Anonymous said...

Boog, It is supposed to be beautiful down there! Enjoy - like you're going to be on vacation. Yes, we awoke to -10 degrees here today. Yesterday hit a high of 2.

Anonymous said...

Oops - forgot to say that was from me, Brigid