Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Newsflash


Well, this may be "news" to most of you, but after much deliberation I made a last minute decision to return to work at ICON. Two weeks ago I put in a call to basically find out who to write my letter of resignation to and the good people at ICON ultimately said "please don't leave us -- we will find you something to do that does not require travel (at least not TOO much) and you can still work from home." To which I obviously replied "Yipee!" So, I officially started back yesterday and so far things are going well. We are lucky in that once Tom finishes his instructor training(sometime next month), he will better be able to build his schedule around my regular business hours. For the next six months, or so, he will be flying almost exlusively night flights which will allow for him to be home with the Squeaker while I am working. I am not sure exactly what I will be doing for ICON, but I know that I will be working in the Contracts Dept. I am still waiting to find out more info and in the meantime I will be getting my office organized and catching up on the general annual training I am required to complete. So, enough of this boring rambling! That is our plan for right now and of course, it is subject to change at any moment. However, if the new job doesn't pan out, I have a feeling that we may be forced to start eating rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hey, I figure Marin eats rice cereal at every meal and she seems to be doing just fine, it can't be that bad! Of course it is mixed with breastmilk.........yeah, that probably wouldn't work out so well.

Anyhow, just so that this isn't THE most boring post in the history of the blog (it still may earn that title) here is a picture of the crazy 3-D gingerbread cookies we baked last night (thanks Grandma Cronley!). Tom loves them so much that he insisted we display them on our mantle and then he took this video(I am living with a crazy man!!)

I hope that everybody is doing well and enjoying the Holiday Season! Here is video of the Christmas carolers that visited our house on Saturday night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracey - congrats on going back to work! Sounds like a perfect situation for now, and it will give both of you lots of time with Marin.

You guys are having way too much Christmas fun! 3-D Gingerbread cookies?!? -- I'm so impressed. We haven't even managed to get a tree yet!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the job is pretty ideal. I'm impressed with the cookies and hoping they are easy as we'll be making them on Saturday. Thanks for leading the way.

Anonymous said...

Cookies look awesome!!! We are trying them this weekend also. Thanks Mom!!!

Marin is cute as a bug with her shades. That picture is classic. Save that one to show to her friends when she gets older. She will love that!!!

Also Tracey, congrats on returning to work. How awesome is that company???? Not many like that in the world.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that Tom will be getting a new TV? I seem to recall Tracey saying "If I was a good wife I would go back to work so Tom can have a new TV". Congrats on rejoining the work force!

Suzanne