Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree!

This past Sunday, we drove out to a local tree farm and like the Griswold's of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation we kicked off our fun old fashion family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols--The Tree!
We nearly froze Marin right out of her purple snowsuit, but we found a tree and chopped it right down. Check out the action here and here. Oh, and check out Tracey's new hairdo! She loves it and so do I.
In other news, Marin made the bulletin at St. Patrick's in Meridian and we all ran the Meridian Jingle Bell run. It was 20 degrees at the start of the race, so we were happy that we didn't jump in the car as we passed it (twice) during the run. Also of note, in the results section here, I am in the Male 24-29 grouping, Tracey is in the Male 70-99 grouping?!?
Also, here's a nice failed Christmas card photo attempt. Check out my Zoolander-esque pose. I think I'll call it "blue steel."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Tracey's haircut!!! You guys are having too much Christmas fun! Save some of the fun for when we are there :) Love you guys!
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tracey, I love the new style! So hip and I bet it's nice not to have Marin pulling on your hair. I recall getting mine cut after Annie was born. She cried when she tried to pull and there wasn't the handful of hair to grab. Also, nice tree! Enjoy the wonderful pine smell.

Anonymous said...

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP RIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRR
My home is over Jordan.

It must be hard being so ridiculously good looking Tom.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE HAIR!!!!!!! and the tree isn't so bad either, nor the baby nor the husband. I did notice them too!!! Can't wait to get the Christmas card.

Anonymous said...

Okay after checking out the race results ...

Tracey, I must say you look extremely well for a 99 year old MAN!!!!

What is your secret?

Coco said...

Oh, St. Patricks! Hopefully Marin will be lucky enough to go to school there...my Mom still talks about their cook, Orabelle, and her fabulous southern food. Dan still wears his St Patrick's t-shirt every March 17, much to our Mom's horror. Love the new haircut Tracey...very nice!

Anonymous said...

I sure could go for a Curacao Oreo Blender Blaster.

Anonymous said...

Tracey I love the hair. It looks so hip. I can't believe you found a hairstylist with such fashionable skills down there.

I thought we’d see Tom with a new hairdo by now…perhaps a mullet?

Anonymous said...

Great post! I love the new haircut, Tracey! It is so fun to watch the videos. Looks like you are all enjoying the holidays already.

I have boycotted our blog until Joe gets around to making a post :) Hopefully we'll get an update out soon!