Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Weekend in Memphis

In an unprecedented move, I am actually writing two blog posts back to back. Ironically, Tom's Christmas leave from work started on Monday and here I am still HARD AT WORK and single-handedly maintaining this blog. Okay, there are only a few exaggerations in the previous sentence. 1. Tom is on leave from flying, but he has still been working as my live in "Manny" while I continue to work this week. 2. When I say I am HARD AT WORK, what I really mean is HARDLY WORKING -- still awaiting assignments. 3. If you think that I actually know how to format the pictures and do all those fancy drop down letters in my blog posts, then you are sorely mistaken --- Tom is also my personal blog post stylist.
So, we made a quick trip up to Memphis this past weekend to visit my very good friend, AmyD and her husband Nic Morrison. Amy is pregnant with their first baby (Little Peter!) and is due any day now. Amy was kind enough to take Tom, Marin and me to the Pottery Barn and William Sonoma outlets that are just a few minutes from their house. You would have thought that we'd never shopped before -- that is how deprived of decent stores we are here in Meridian. Just short of completely draining every last ounce of precious pregnant energy out of Amy, we returned back to their beautiful home where Nic had been hard at work putting together a delicious dinner for us!! We had a great time visiting with them. Amy and I mostly talked about how if 8 years ago, when we graduated from KU, somebody would have told us that by the year 2007 we would both not only be married, but also with little children and LIVING IN THE SOUTH -- we would have immediatly spit out our mouths full of Freestate beer and laughed heartily at the idea. But alas, here we are....and life is good.
Here is a picture of Amy and Nic in front of their home in Memphis:

and here is a picture of my favorite present ever along side my perpetual lump of coal (Cal):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love your final comments regarding your present and lump of coal! It is amazing how life takes you places you'd never dream of going on your own - and, WOW, even the worst parts are still good as long as the ones you love are with you. Merry Christmas to the new southerners.