Saturday, January 27, 2007

California Dreaming

Yes, it's true. We have been here in Meridian just short of 6 months and the reality of our location has officially hit me. I miss California. I miss downtown San Diego (minus the bums and traffic, of course). I just miss all of our familiar and bustling surroundings, not to mention the beautiful pacific ocean. Maybe I'm just suffering from a bit of Seasonal Affect Disorder as a result of the gloomy, rainy and downright chilly weather we've had pretty consistently for the past few weeks, but on second thought -- no -- I'm pretty sure it's just Meridian. For the most part life in Meridian is very BORING. However, there are a few little gems that this city has to offer. For example, there is this nice park called Bonita Lakes that has great running trails in a very "scenic" environment where we enjoy running when the weather permits. Also, not too long ago we discovered this great bakery that has the best cookies!
Well, within the past 24 hours we've found out the following:

1. A human skull was found on one of the running trails at Bonita Lakes and the trails are closed pending the investigation.

2. The bakery with the fabulous cookies has gone out of business.

Next they are going to tell us that celebrating St. Patrick's Day is against the law in the state of Mississippi!

Needless to say, we don't leave the house much. It's sad, but true. We're looking forward to a trip to my mom's in April. I've already started counting down the days. The trip also just happens to coincide with my 30th birthday, so I just realized that ironically I am also counting down the remaining days of my 20's. Great, now I'm even more depressed. ha ha.


Thank goodness we have our adorable and hilarious baby girl to keep our spirits up!! Here are a couple of pictures: the first one is a shot of Marin in one of her favorite napping spots, our bathroom, which I just recently re-painted. The second one I took just after silly Marin had finished demolishing a cookie.




6 comments:

Matt and Catherine said...

T, T & M,
Keep your heads up! Your house is so beautiful that there is no need to leave it. Although, you should plan a trip up north to Lawrence :) We sure would love to play some Cranium with you guys and give Marin a million and two kisses. Hope you are having a fun weekend!
Cath
PS: Matt got a job as a "Scientist" with a Pharm. Research Company (how nerdy), and also an interview with KCUMB (the D.O. school in KC)! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tracey! I just wanted to let you know that I happened about your blog from Blundell's and Roddy's so I've been doing a little blog stalking! Congratulations on Marin - she is so beautiful.

Love, Jen (Ryan) Newton

(I think I'll put my little picture up on this comment in case you have no recollection of who I am.)

Unknown said...

Sending some California lovin your way. Don't worry, you aren't missing very much as far as the weather is concerned. It's been a little cold for SD this year.

That means you'll just have to plan a trip to come visit. We have an extra room!!!

HalfSoul said...

I can relate to your plight. It’s been in the single or negative digits in MN for the past week and there’s no sign of change in the forecast anytime soon. Poor Nolan has been on house arrest cause it’s too cold to play in the snow. We even bought a sled but its collecting dust in our garage.

Shame on SDSU for not accepting me! Instead of teaching Nolan how to surf, he’s going to learn how to build igloos.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you! Just remember -- it's not where you are, but who you're with that really matters :) And, it's only temporary -- it will make you appreciate your other homes in the past and future!

Great pictures - keep 'em coming!
Love, Kelly

Coco said...

It can't be that bad! Wait, it must be after confirming Meridian won't be getting a Starbucks any time soon. You really are deprived!