Thursday, March 15, 2007

Headline News

The lead story of yesterday's morning news here in Meridian -- New Super Wal-Mart Opens Today -- Yipee!! So, this is Meridian's third Wal-mart store and while it is nice to have a new, cleaner Wal-Mart to shop at, it's a bit ridiculous that this town now has three Wal-Mart stores, ZERO Target stores and ZERO Starbuck's (I know, I keep bringing that up and it's probably getting old to a lot of you). But come on, what town in America doesn't have a Target, let alone a Starbucks!? So as much as I really don't like shopping at Wal-Mart (I dream about Target sometimes...) since moving to Meridian I have learned to just clench my teeth and force myself to feel lucky enough to have a variety of Wal-Marts to choose from. Indeed, Aunt Leea, Marin and I had to make the inaugural run to the new Wal-Mart to check things out. Here is a photo of Marin's and my reaction to the sparkling new store :)



Actually, this picture was taken at Wal-Mart, but it is Marin's reaction to the huge Tiger Wal-Mart mascot they had walking around the store. She LOVED him!! It was pretty hilarious. I guess we don't have to worry about her being the one kid at Disneyland who is horrified by a giant Donald Duck. Ahhh, the little things in life that can bring such joy.

Well, it's tourney time and our brackets have been filled out. It is sure to be an exciting tournament this year, with even a possibility (as slight as it may be -- no offense, Tom) of having Kansas play Notre Dame in the Final Four. For Marin's sake, I really hope that doesn't happen. I think it would be VERY confusing to her.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

1 comment:

Joe C. said...

Number of Starbucks in Meridian=0.
Number of Wal-Marts in Meridian=3.
Number of Edward Jones offices in Meridian=5.

Tracey's reaction to this blog comment = Priceless!