Notre Dame
got
trounced.
And wehad a great weekend.
got
trounced.
And wehad a great weekend.
Notre Dame got trounced. True
The local NBC affiliate did not show the game until the second quarter. True
I had more yards rushing (zero) than Notre Dame (-8).True
We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend in Birmingham.True
How, you might ask?
It certainly didn't hurt that a we dove head first into the open bar that is the Wendt household. It was fun, almost experimental. Some good (and not as good) wine, blueberry beer, and Greg's favorite, the Blue Hawaiian (think Blue Gatorade meets a bottle of sun tan lotion). I haven't felt that experimental since receiving a C- from my chemistry professor,Dr. Jacobs sophomore year at ND. (My excuse was/is that he looks exactly like the lead singer of the Spin Doctors and I couldn't get "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" out of my head during class). I digress.
After the game, we had Bronx style pizza and chatted and laughed. We let go of the worries of the game and planned for the next day.
After Mass and breakfast, we hit up some shopping centers until I couldn't take it anymore. Truthfully, I was the big spender up until that point and I was afraid what else I would find. That left Sara, Tracey and Marin to battle the masses to find the true gems out there. After picking up a pair of $0.97 sunglasses, Marin stole the show at the grocery store. See the video below.
Following that performance, she was quite the entertainer. After we got home and settled, she decided to start walking. And for the encore, she puckered up her lips and kissed her mom. And then did it again, amid the tears on her mother's cheek.
On a weekend when Notre Dame looked a JV squad, I guess it all turned out all right.
3 comments:
She's a movie star shopper! My kids (& I) love the movies of Marin! They just want to watch the little shows over and over.
She does look like a little movie star!!! I think I have watched that video like 10 times already. Marin is too cute and very helpful with the groceries. Her cart is the perfect size for all of your booze. Startem' young! Now I really sound like white trash from Missour-a!
Well, marin sure is cute, and at least you aren't Michigan fans.
Post a Comment