Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's Gotten Cool Again!

This morning we awoke to 42 degrees. It was wonderful. I know you can find out the weather in Mississippi elsewhere on the internet, but it is still noteworthy in our minds.
While we haven't been traveling or doing very much visiting recently, we have had some fun here in Meridian. Last weekend we had a visitor from California...yep, Grandma Mac was in our house! We put her right to work. We ate fabulous homemade meals and I'm still enjoying the biscotti that have secretly stashed in various places all over the house.
And while Grandma Mac slaved away in the kitchen, Tracey and I painted the town red. You guessed it, tickets to the local players performance of the Sound of Music--Tracey's favorite movie of all time. The singing was good, and most of the acting was better than expected. Still, we made fun of Captain Von Trapp. He was not good and we even found ourselves laughing out loud during his lines. Also of note was that at halftime (yes, intermission is known as halftime), we heard that viewers go out to their cars and have a beer. I'm not making this up. So that's just what we did...and we drank with the orchestra, who was also out in the parking lot!
We also had a farewell celebration for the commanding officer of my squadron. Normally this dinner and drinks affair would be a total snoozer, but it included a roast of the commanding officer, and you might guess who did the roasting. I had fun, but much to Tracey's dismay, it did not lead to my immediate firing.
I'll put some photos up soon and expect to see some pumpkin carvings shots soon too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess you have to keep trying to get fired! Hilarious about the "halftime" tailgating at the performance of Sound of Music. Tracey, I always knew you had good taste - it's one of my favorites as well, even got the kids to watch it with me a couple times.

Anonymous said...

The hills are alive .....

and tailgating at halftime .... who'd a thunk. I don't remember that at the Barn Theatre at all.

And I'm glad you didn't get fired Boog. I mean, I just can't picture you in a blue smock handing out smiley face stickers at one of the local establishments.... aka Wal-Mart.