Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Kansas Homecoming 2007


It's been said more than a few times already this year, but let me reiterate IT'S BEEN A CRAZY YEAR FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL. The Kansas Jayhawks are 9-0 and this isn't basketball we're talking. The Jayhawks defeated the Nebraska Cornhuskers by a whopping 37 points. Even if the season ended today, this is truly the one we want documented in a buried time capsule in hopes of it being unearthed 100's of years from now. Unfortunately this IS NOT one of those "time capsule" seasons for Notre Dame. As my poor sister Catherine and her husband Matt can verify, I cheered WAY louder during the ND / Navy game than I did during the KU game (go figure). I'm just not sure what Charlie was thinking.....
Anyhow, we had a blast in Kansas. As always, it went by way too fast. Here are a few pics from the trip.




Click here for a news update from the award-winning* Meridian Star!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Wow - what a big event in Meridian. The article is hilarious. How exciting to be drooling over a new Starbucks in progress and saving up for a potential Target opening! Glad you had fun in KS!

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!!!

Maybe now we will come visit you ;)

Great pix from Kansas.

Matt and Catherine said...

Love the photos! Especially the one of Marin with Grandma Mac. I am so thrilled for you guys about the Starbucks and Target thing. I am sure the day they open can't come soon enough!

Coco said...

Yea, you're finally getting a Starbucks in Meridian! I'll check on negotiations and the projected opening date so you can start a countdown :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You most have some pull! I know that you've been praying for a Starbucks... and now, God has answered your prayers!

The pictures are wonderful. My son is wondering if his 6th grade football team might be able to take on the IRISH this year, just for some practice, not being too tough on those college boys or anything... I'll keep you posted if they set any dates!

Anonymous said...

Marin was the star of my 3 classes today! I showed them Boog's flying videos, but they insisted on seeing hers as well!