This will be my first attempt at a "solo" blog post. While Tom/Boog has been busy celebrating Mardi Gras on some warm and sunny tropical island, I have been quite busy back here in the doldrums of reality traveling like crazy for my meaningless job. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the employment and income, but let's just say that I am really looking forward to my new role and one of the most important jobs in life --- MOTHERHOOD! Thank goodness for this little one who's been keeping me company with her constant kicks and somersaulting. It's been especially nice since I get to take her EVERYWHERE with me, unlike Cal who has to stay behind when I'm on the road. For those who care, Cal is doing just fine and continuing to go through life starving and always anxious for his next meal. What a life.
This weekend I will actually be traveling to Lawrence, KS for FUN -- to celebrate my sister's bachelorette party and to host a bridal shower for her. I'm really looking forward to it! Her wedding is set for June 3rd and everything seems to be falling in to place (except for the bride's maid dresses, but we're working on that!). It is sure to be a great celebration!
On a more ridiculous note, I had a dream last night that Joe and Kelly announced to everyone that Kelly was going to be a surrogate mother to Brady Quinn and some unknown woman's child ------ WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! I have no idea, but I certainly woke up laughing!!
Well, this is getting pretty long. In all seriousness, Tom is doing well down in the Caribbean. Contrary to what we all imagine, it hasn't been all fun and games for him, but he's gotten to fly a couple of times and hopes to get a couple more flights in before he returns home next Wednesday. We can't wait for him to be back here so we can start getting serious about house hunting in good ol' Mississippi!
I hope that everybody is doing well and having a great week.
ps - obviously I haven't figured out how to sign in under my own name.........lots to learn!
5 comments:
Tracy ... how cool to hear from you!!! I'm going to do some thinking on the Brady Quinn/Kelly dream and I'll get back to you on that one. Glad to hear baby Beatrice is making her presence known. Have fun this weekend and tell everyone hello from the Cronley's.
Tracey - I love this place! It's fun to hear aobut the goings on in your life. I'm glad you have a perfect idea of the importance of motherhood! You'll be a great mom! And to think that you're so close in Kansas this weekend - I'm waving right now! Brigid
I guess it's just the girls commenting. Dummy me did the email instead of a comment. I think the dream must mean that Joe wants to have a baby with Brady Quinn. Ok, not funny. We're having INCREDIBLE spring weather. Would anyone like flower pictures?
Also, for those who don't know, I (and hopefully Greg, too) am going to CC's wedding. Can't wait to see Clare!
Oh, and to see everyone else, too. It's just that I've never met our youngest niece!
Well, I spoke too soon. The storms last night resulted in tree falling on our carport/shed. It's not crushed, but we now have a natural canopy over our porch like the rain forest. It was weird, b/c the strong wind only lasted about 20 minutes. Oh, well. It's beautiful again today!
Post a Comment