Monday, March 20, 2006

San Francisco Treat


Due to San Diego's unpredictable winter weather, Tracey and I decided to head north for a weekend (plus a couple of other days) in Northern California. Okay, here's the truth: Tracey is working up here Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and since work for me is maintaining this website, I decided to tag along. Cal, Calvoski, or Cal Vasco Da Gama is the lone bachelor among the harem of kitty-cats in Mission Viejo.
After watching Kansas lose to Bradley (?), we decided it was time to go into hiding and head to the Pile (Tracey's mother's maiden name) Family Beach House in Goat Rock State Park outside of Jenner, CA.
Tracey's sister, Catherine and fiancée, Matt are planning their wedding for June 3rd at "The Coast" and this weekend they, along with Wendy, had cake to taste and champagne to sample. Though we didn't get to join in the tastings, it was great to see the young Kansans.
It turned out to be quite a gathering and of course, ended being a feast of great food and wine. Grandma Pile, Doug & Jan, Tim & Trish, Laurie, the newly returned Steve, Nate, Liz, Nicole and the now walking Emily all enjoyed the crab bake, lentil soup and salads.
Our time at the Coast is always fun and, regrettably, always too short. Next up, meeting with Uncle Jim and Auntie Vicki in San Fran!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well .. Boog .. I have to say if this website is your job at the moment ... you're fired!!!! Although, I do love the countdown. Heather would like you to wait until July 28th if at all possible. See what you can do! I can't wait to hear the update from the visit with uncle Jimmy. If he remembers, tell him Heather and I did pay a visit to his cabin this past summer with his secret code on the back of his business card. We are not good at breaking and entering, and were unable to enter the cabin and crack the code. Hugs to Tracy and Beatrice from us in sunny (but cold) Michigan. GO IRISH!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture!!! I had so much fun last weekend. It was really great being with so much family :)
Cath