Our little Mona Lisa......(seriously, is she donning a black wig in that last photo or what?!)
We've had an exciting Saturday! As an early birthday present, Tom took me to get a 4-D ultrasound done and I have to say it was one of the best experiences of this pregnancy to date. I know it won't compare to holding her for the first time, but watching her move around inside of me and actually getting a few glimpses of her face is incredible!! The appointment lasted less than 30 minutes and we walked out the door with a 10 minute DVD of the Little Lady moving around set to music, a CD with about 20 still images and 8 prints of the 8 best shots. Maybe it's just me, but I think she looks a little bit too much like her Dad (especially in that last picture)! As I was staring at the pics on the car ride home I joked to Tom that I might want to have a Maternity Test done because I'm starting to wonder....... ;) The first picture is for those of you who have requested a belly shot --- can you see Cal staring at it in wonder?? He has no idea how his world is about to change! As if you couldn't tell, we are getting more and more excited for the arrival of the Little Lady. The stroller and infant car seat have been purchased and already assembled by Tom. I have caught him a few times already pushing the stroller around with a stuffed bear strapped in it. Each day I am more and more grateful for his engineer background --- I have a feeling that it will be an extra valuable crutch in our early parenting days/years/decades, not to mention it's affect on Tom's nerd status which, let's face it, helps keep the Naval Aviator in him a bit grounded. Well, it's taken me about 20 minutes to write this and I'm feeling the need to go stare at the ultrasound pics once again.



6 comments:
I made Mike come over to the screen to look at the pictures of the baby before reading the text. He said the baby looks just like Tom, especially the last one. I said that was exactly what she said! Very cool!
Theresa
Are you still sure that it isn't an alien? I'm just kidding! She does look sooooo much like Tom though (hense, looking like an alien :)....alright I am going to stop being mean now. Her nose and lips are very Cronley-ish...although the eyes may be a hint of McCalley :) That is so amazing that you can get such vivid images of her. I am so excited to meet her!!!
Love you guys!
Cath
Unbelieveable what can be done with technology! And what a great birthday present. Tracey, you are beautiful with a big belly! I can't wait to meet your little girl.
What an awesome B-day present, good going Tom! As if she wasn't going to be a daddy's girl already...she decided she wanted to look exactly like you also.
AWESOME!!!! I have to agree with Tracey, I said "She looks exactly like Boog!!!" I can relate to the maternity testing thing .... I always look like I don't belong when with my family. What an awesome gift and thanks for sharing them with all of us! Beatrice is looking beautiful already.
What can be said? Two beautiful people inside and out could only produce the same!
Sara
Post a Comment