
Last weekend, we loaded up the Family Truckster and headed North to South Bend, Indiana for a wedding. The Dampeer and Steigner families' gathering coincided perfectly with my wistful desire to take a 3 month old child on a 4 day, 3 thousand mile trip to the Midwest.
We split up the mileage by stopping in St. Louis, MO while traveling both North and South. John, Suzanne and Clare put us up in their home and then traveled with us (different cars, the truckster isn't that big) to and from South Bend.
The weekend was a blur of activity. Friday included a extended Cronley family dinner of Macri's deli sandwiches (the Ol' Chicago was probably the best sandwich). Saturday, after the men (Joe, John and I) had our quick, hour and a half trip to Starbucks, we all toured the campus and loaded up on everything Notre Dame at the bookstore. It was cool and crisp, but when the wind blew, it was downright cold--and that's not the Mississippi in me talking.
The wedding and reception were perfect. Claire was striking and Mike was a very cool and confident groom. We ate, drank and danced until the band ran out of Lionel Richie hits for me to request.
After a short stop at the Dampeer home for breakfast it was time to begin the long trip home. A great trip but the travel was a little much. Marin made me promise that I would never again purchase extra spicy, jalapeno and cheddar potato chips for Tracey, which a half an hour later, Marin tasted. That was a nightmare.
4 comments:
I thought "God's Country" was about 500 miles southwest of there...
You must be getting soft if an October wind in South Bend is considered COLD! I can't wait to be on campus this weekend. Sounds like Tracey gets to taste my infamous "Cheerios diet" for a while to calm Marin's insides a bit!
I ditto Brigid's remarks about the weather. Last weekend was B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L !!! Everyone looks like they had a great time and I'm so glad you got to all be together. Boog, until you do those 4 day jaunts with 7 kids, no complaining!!!!! :o)
GO TIGERS!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!! Thanks Boog, for being such a loyal fan. I may even have to get Marin a little Tiger outfit.
Post a Comment