
We are back from California and this post had been brewing throughout our trip, just waiting to be unleashed when time would permit. We had a blast and as always, the week away from Meridian went by way too fast. Marin's first airplane ride went off without a hitch. She is a stellar little traveler with only one out of the four legs of our trip being less than a 10 out of 10 performance. She definitely prefers having her own seat (who doesn't? - I certainly don't enjoy sharing my seat with the over-sized, smelly business traveler who's extra pounds inevitably spill over in to my seat). Now hopefully Marin doesn't view her parents as over sized, smelly business travelers, but still, it's no fun being cramped. Nevertheless we got through it. We had a wonderful week with my mom, Uncle Kevin (once Marin realized that Uncle Kevin is not the boogie man) and seeing so many of our friends was a real treat! We spent Friday night down in San Diego. It was my 30th B-day and my first night away from Marin. It was not too bad on both counts! 30 is not horrible and I was very much at ease knowing that Marin was in VERY good hands with her Grandma Mac. Of course the approximately 10 beers I consumed helped ease me right out of my 20's and into the 30's whilst baby was 100 miles away:) We saw our good friends Nick and Erin Sinnokrak who surprised us with a FANTASTIC San Diego care package - THANK YOU!! How can we ever repay you?! We also saw Mike and Theresa Blundell and my Uncle Randy. It was great to see them all and we had a very fun time at The Field, as usual. The following evening (still a bit hungover) we had a last minute mini reunion with some of my good friends from high school, Jen and Katie and Katie's husband, Rob. We had a hilarious time catching up while enjoying drinks made by Rob with his very own new French liqueur, St~Germain -- very delicious and it's coming soon to a bar near you (well, as long as you don't live in Mississippi, that is)! Anyhow, our time spent with friends always seems too short, but we are so thankful for even those few short moments.
One thing we are a bit puzzled about is how it is that nearly everyone we ran in to during this trip ended up sending us home with some form of alcohol. Seriously. We had to figure out a way to squeeze 3 bottles of wine, 4 large bottles of local San Diego beer and one bottle of St~Germain in to our suitcase (remember the NO CARRYING ON LIQUIDS rule). Yes, we found a way and we are pleased to announce that none of the bottles broke!! But getting back to the puzzle, we can't decide if our friends and family just think we are total lushes or is it simply that you all are true sympathizers. You must think: my word, how are they ever going to survive living in Mississippi? What can I do to help them.....hhhhhmmmm, let me think...... I know! Alcohol!! Well, whatever the reason, I'll have you know that we are truly grateful for your kind gifts. Truth be told, a couple of weeks before our trip back to California, Tom brought home our first "wine in a box" which currently resides next to the milk on the top shelf in our fridge. I know, I know. First it's a few "y'alls" uttered here and there, then it's the boxed wine and next thing you know we are straight up red necks(not that there's anything wrong with that...?). Well, thanks to y'alls nice gifts, we may be able to slow the progression, at least a bit ;)
Here is a link to some photos from our trip. ENJOY!
6 comments:
Happy birthday!! Isley and I had a blast looking at the pictures of Marin - she's so adorable. Oh, and you truly look fantastic, too!
Someone has a future in photography or maybe Marin is going to be a model... There are some fantastic pics here. Funny how Uncle Kevin is the "Boogie Man," I still think of Boog as "Boogie" sometimes.
Funny blog Tracey! I think you're better at writing these blogs than Boog. Great pix too.
Peace,
Joe
After almost 11 years, I still have never said "fixin'". It's tough to resist the southern way!
PS (for all you Yankees) It's almost 70 and sunny in B'ham today. So there.
Okay ... so, wine comes in something besides a BOX? Help me to understand. As currently in my fridge there is a BOX next to my milk too.
Thank you for the pictures of Tracey and Marin!!! I will be with you'll in less than two weeks.
Love, Granda Cronley
Post a Comment