Sunday, April 01, 2007

Most Exciting Basketball Final EVER!!!...........



APRIL FOOLS!! Seriously, I'm kidding, of course. I mean talk about BORING! Who isn't sick of Florida and Ohio State? Is this football or basketball?! What the heck is going on? Somebody please put an end to this.

After The Jayhawks devastating loss last weekend, Tom and Rob had to head to Jacksonville, FL for a week at the boat. In my fog of basketball depression, Leea was kind enough to invite Marin and me to go with her to THE BEACH! Her Aunt has a beautiful beach house right on the sand in Orange Beach, AL. So we took the two little girls (Sally the dog and Marin) down to the beach to spend a few days while the guys were gone. The weather was fantastic and after my first visit to the gulf of Mexico, I have to say that it is quite nice. It is very different from California beaches, but wow, it still felt so much more like home than Meridian, MS ever will!! It was wonderful to be next to the water again and breath the sea salt air. Also, I saw and visited my first Target and Starbucks in over 8 months! Ahhhhhh, civilization. It was a real treat for us. This is what I whispered to Marin while I was waiting for my latte to be made: "Marin, this is Starbucks. You've never been here before and we do not have one of these where we live, but this is a very, very happy place for your Mom and Dad." The people standing around me looked at me like I was on drugs. Shoot, I felt like I was on drugs because I was so excited!!

Anyhow, needless to say, we had a blast at the beach with Aunt Leea and cousin Sally. Next up we are off to CALIFORNIA to visit Grandma Mac and Uncle Kevin for Easter and to give ourselves a quick San Diego fix.

6 comments:

Joe C. said...

Nice Blog Tracey! Orange Beach sounds cool! Marin is still the cutest--good thing she continues to look more like you and less like Boog! Talk to you later this week and have fun in SoCal!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marin--

Looking good!!

Scary Uncle John C.

Anonymous said...

Alabama really is a nice place to live! Of course, in B'ham we have all of the perks (get it - Starbucks) of a big city!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you could get away with Marin, Leea & her dog. I can imagine you soaking in the sight & smells of the salt water. Have a great time with your family in CA.

Erin Sinnokrak said...

Yup, the Gulf Coast beaches are just about the ONLY thing we miss about Florabama. Sigh ... pearly white pristine squeaky sand ...

Anonymous said...

Okay Tracey ... I'm starting to feel bad because of the Starbucks right in my place of work. This was too freakin' funny and I am laughing hysterically that our dog is looking at me like I'm on drugs.