Friday, May 19, 2006

Alone here with Cal.......


Well, I've been ditched again. Tom conveniently clogged up the kitchen garbage disposal last night (artichoke leaves were the culprit!) and then decided it was time to get out of town and head for the Midwest leaving his 8 months pregnant wife at home. Not very nice! Actually, I'm being a little too harsh. His departure is, of course, for a very good couple of causes. First he is flying one of his squadron's jets to Ohio for the wedding of a good pal from Notre Dame, Brad Billick. I'm sad to be missing the wedding, of course (Congrats to Brad and Tina!), but I'm very sad about missing an opportunity to see Tom with all of his ND friends - they are hilarious when they all get together! After the wedding, Tom is jumping back in the jet and heading to Chicago where he and a few other guys from the squadron will be doing the fly-over at the Cubs v. Whitesox game on Sunday afternoon!! So if you happen to tune in to the game on Sunday, keep your eyes peeled at the very beginning for a funny looking jet (pictured above) flying over the stadium - Tom will be flying it! I know the game is televised here at 11:00am (pst) on WGN. The fly-over should happen just minutes before the first pitch. So, I immediately had to go out and buy a onsie for the Little Lady that says in bold writing across the front: MY DAD'S A SUPER HERO. I think that's pretty fitting ;) even if I am pouting about being ditched (again).
I want to say a quick "hello!" to my old Nadadore friends who informed me that they've been secretly reading the blog --- it was so great to see you guys last weekend!! Everybody looks so great and I can't wait to be able to have a couple of beers with you all as soon as I'm allowed. We'll have to be careful not to ruin your taper for the Master's World Champs, though (wink wink).
I hope that everybody has a great weekend! The sun has finally decided to show it's face here in San Diego which certainly makes me happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracey, I read Boog the riot act for leaving you again! But, then he explained it all to me and, I guess he has some ok reasons this time. You are a really good sport about it all! Take care

Unknown said...

Hey. We were thinking we should get together for lunch this week if you are up to it. Blog us!
Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Boog,
Don't know if you knew this, but several parts fell-off the jet directly over the ball park. Was that black smoke with flames shooting out of one of the jets part of the entire act? Cool. By the way, only two injuries from the F.O.D. in the ballpark, could have been much worse.

Congrats,
BRO. John