Thursday, May 04, 2006

My own mini boycott....

It's been a long time since I've blogged about the pregnancy and since I am currently about to pull my hair out over my job at this moment, I figured it might be a good time to stage my own little boycott from work for the next few minutes while I try to let the workplace frustrations roll off my back (or really my belly at this point!). So as you can tell, my job has been less than pleasant these past few months. The only good thing about it is that I have been relinquished of my travel duties for the duration of the pregnancy. Ironically, nobody on my project team will be traveling for the next month because we are currently playing "clean-up and catch-up" in house for the entire month of May. I don't mind the "clean-up" etc., but when the very root of the problem that caused the disaster in the first place is ignored, it kind of makes one wonder "what exactly is the point"? Hence my frustrations.
HOWEVER, when the work day is done (or during my little boycotts) I couldn't be happier! This pregnancy has been a dream - a long dream, but a good one :) We're almost to 32 weeks and things are going very well. Yes, the belly is really getting big and the discomfort and sleep issues have increased too, but really it hasn't been too bad yet. I did have to get up at 4:30am this morning for a bowl of cereal, but after about an hour and some serious acrobatics performed by the Little Lady, I was able to fall back asleep (Tom, unfortunately, was not able to - but that's ok, he's had more energy than a 5 year-old on Red Bull lately!). All in all, I have loved being pregnant and I know that this 9 month stint will be over before we know it and when that happens and the Little Lady is here, I know that the "halo effect" will certainly take over and I will only remember the very best parts of being pregnant (ie Fetal Hiccups and Pineapple cravings). So in attempt to be a realist, I would like to put in writing my three "major" complaints of pregnancy, so that 6 months from now, when we are riding the "new parent high" and thinking that we should just have another one right away, we can re-read this blog and maybe it will help us with our spacing at least a little. Here they are:

#1 The constant runny/bloody and super booger production factory that is my nose and has been since day 1 of pregnancy. My doctor says that this is the #1 complaint of his very "fair complected" patients. Yipee! So not only do us "albinos" get to suffer through severe sunburns and face certain melanoma sometime in our lives, but we also get this?! Who would ever want to be tan???Actually, this really isn't a big deal when I am at home, but poses some uncomfortable moments when caught in public (or worse, at a site for work) without a mound of Kleenex.

#2 Enough said. Actually, this one is really too gross to put on a blog. Yes, it has to do with "#2" but it's probably not what you're thinking.

#3 THE PRESSURE! (and this is not mental or psychological pressure that I'm talking about). This is not what Tom and I have been calling it either, but our name for it, once again, is really not appropriate for the blog. Anyhow, any woman who has ever been pregnant certainly knows what I'm talking about here. It started sporadically, early in the second trimester and has grown increasingly worse and more frequent but at this point is THANKFULLY not a constant and I am very grateful for that! Only 8 weeks to go!

So there you have them..... my pregnancy woes. Really, they are more laughable than anything and I certainly feel blessed for that. Hopefully they have provided you with some giggles as they have for Tom and me over the last 32 weeks.

Well, the boycott must come to an end now. I'm sure that my 20 minute absence has led to an absolute reform of my study project and that all internal flaws and "disasters" have been corrected. That's how things work in this country, right??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracey ... loved your entry. Know what you're going through. The pressure (most of the time the result is hardly worth the trip to the bathroom and all the energy it takes to sit down and get back up again for that itty bitty drop). That is my two cents worth.

Unknown said...

Maybe you only have less than 7 weeks left if my prediction wins...ha ha ha!
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Tracey---What is left to say? I think that the maternal/parental amensia is divinely inspired so we may populate the earth. Pregnancy is the most unique time that you can share with your husband, but only to a certain extent. For the rest of it, you have to rely on your friends/family of the female gender who have experienced it! Enjoy these last weeks, because soon you will miss the feeling of tumbling in your belly and the built in shelf for your hands to rest on.