Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bye, Bye Screwbirds


Today is the ceremonial end of my squadron, VS-33. Forty-six years of Screwbirds met in the hangar on NAS North Island to listen to speeches and to celebrate the successes of the squadron. Tracey and I were pictured in front of the airplane that bears my name.
It was neat to see the squadronmates from many years back gather "family reunion style" to reminisce. I realize that, since both of my active duty squadrons now only exist in history books, sadly I will not be meeting up with my old buddies many years from now. Nonetheless, it was a nice ceremony and a fitting end to the squadron and to my days as a Screwbird.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who gave the ______' benediction?

Anonymous said...

Great picture! I would think that there might still be reunions. Just keep looking forward. That baby'll be here soon.

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could have been there. I feel like the last of the Mohicans up here at Fallon. The days of the oreo blender blaster are long gone. Good latch.

Capt Catenga