
Aside from increasing levels of insomnia (thanks to a growing and active baby who apparently enjoys squishing my bladder and colon - mostly at night) and rapid weight gaining, there is little else to update you all with. We had two doctor's appts. today. The first was the weekly fetal assessment where they measure the volume of my amniotic fluid (looks good!) and then they hook me up to a fetal monitor for about 20-30 minutes to see if I'm having any contractions. Honestly, I could listen to that little heartbeat all day long and never get tired of it, but I have to say that at this point it is quite depressing when the girl next to me, who's due date is two weeks after ours, is having massive contractions every four minutes (which she wasn't feeling......) and her machine is going crazy and meanwhile, my contraction monitor is steady as a rock and completely flatlined. To confirm the absolute lack of labor activity, we had our regular weekly check-up as well and this may be more info than you want, but the cervix is thick and closed. However, the doc did say that it is very soft (which apparently is the first step). I think he just added that last statement to prevent me from cursing ALL the way home :) Just kidding. She can stay in there a little bit longer, but I do have my limits!!
So, like I said -- not much to report. Oh, did I mention that Tom has his last flight as a Screwbird tomorrow and then on Friday we are closing on our house in Mississippi?!
5 comments:
I hope the baby stays right where she is until 9:03 on 3JUL so I can win the cat and kitty litter. I think that I am in the running. Mr. Banana Hands, is your last flight going to be as exciting as mine was? Low level, deer hunter, pizza, and bowling?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow....yeah right! I'm not winning the poll!
Congrats on your closing!
Theresa
That baby will come when she's ready. The last weeks are the longest. Congrats on your closing and Boog, havefun on your last flight as a Screwbird!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture .... Look for a special package from me early next week. I apologize for not getting it out sooner, but at least you both will smell fabulous when making your trip to the hospital :o) There's a surprise from me to you, Tracey. Have a blast on your last screwball flight Boog. I know you will miss it. And closing on your house, WOW!!! What an achievement. Welcome to homeownership.
I am so happy for you guys...Trace you are almost done! Looking good! I am jealous. I am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable these days. Murphy grows daily.
Post a Comment