Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Catherine & Matt's Wedding


After a nice long road trip and weekend in wine country for the wedding of Catherine and Matt Thompson, we are now safely back in San Diego with a still empty car seat (which we did bring along , just in case!) and one very rotund belly. The wedding was incredible! The day before the wedding, we were all freezing cold as the entire coast was totally fogged in, but somebody was looking out for us on Saturday as we had one of the most gorgeous days of blue skies and brilliant sun for the wedding. The bride was stunning and the entire day went off without a hitch! Here is one of my favorite photos of the day --- I took it right before my brother, Kevin, walked my sister down the aisle. You can just make out the famous arch rock in the background. Unfortunately, I managed to not get any still photos of the bride and groom together (sorry Matt!), but Tom did take some great video of the entire day which clearly shows the bride and groom glued to one another (too cute!). It was a wonderful celebration for our family and it was evident that everybody had a blast. Believe it or not, I was not the most pregnant person at the wedding. Bless her heart, my cousin Kimi and her husband Mike drove nearly 3 hours to be there --- on that day, she was already 5 days over-due!! She certainly showed me up and put me right in my place :) We're still awaiting word on whether or not that one glass of wine at the wedding got things "moving" for her. We were joking because of the about 70 guests in attendance, there were no less than 4 doctors and 4 nurses. One would have thought that we would feel comforted by that fact, however, the wine was really flowing that night and we're not sure if ANY of them would have actually been sober enough to deliver a baby. Luckily we didn't have to find out.
The 22 hours spent in the car were well worth it. We had a great time and we are so happy for the newlyweds. Thanks to my mom for hosting such a fabulous party and Congratulations to Cath and Matt!!

5 comments:

Tom & Tracey said...

Tracey wrote this one...I'm not sure why it came up as posted by Tom.

Anonymous said...

Boog/Tracey .... you are so brave to travel. I'm proud of you. Although, I'm pretty sure you went to a land far far away, Boog, and you waited. Must be the Little Lady has your patience. Cath/Matt look fabulous!! Next wedding I'm pretty sure that car seat will be required .. amongst an entourage of other baby paraphernalia. Kids are done with school tomorrow. Headed to 7th and 10th grade next year. Can you believe it????? I'm gonna be like 25 and they are getting so old.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spot for a wedding! I'd love to see more pictures -- please send them if you have some. While carseat will be required for the next wedding, you will be without the rotund belly :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how few days left until the little lady arrives!! How did those eight and 1/2 months pass so quickly? Oh, that's right...it's not me who is carrying the child!!! Anyway, beautiful picture - congrats to Catherine & Matt.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how few days left until the little lady arrives!! How did those eight and 1/2 months pass so quickly? Oh, that's right...it's not me who is carrying the child!!! Anyway, beautiful picture - congrats to Catherine & Matt.