Monday, June 12, 2006

Joe's Bachelor Party


What can you say about Joe's Bachelor Party Weekend? On one hand, it could be argued that it was a rather tame and gentlemenly gathering of friends. We played 36 holes of golf on Coronado Island. We drank wine. We attended Our Lady of the Rosary for Mass on Sunday. We toasted our friend/brother at a quaint dinner in San Diego's quiet Old Towne area. We even considered closing an evening with a rowdy game of Scrabble, but didn't. You could say that it was gentlemenly. You could say that.
It could also be argued that it was a knockdown-dragout beer-guzzling competition with everyone tying for last place. You could say that too. We got to meet one of The Finest City's Finest and at one point Joe's left cheek got to meet the sidewalk. Golf, Baseball & Beer; that's what I can report. You could say it was crazy, over-the-top and even obnoxious. You could say that.
For me, it was an accurate representation of the man to whom it was designed to pay tribute. The oldest brother whose been the shortest Cronley male for over 10 years. The submariner who loves to sail. A man who wouldn't touch a coffee in the morning, but would kill for a Buena Vista Irish Coffee. The snowboarder who takes care of peoples' financial future. He's an enigma wrapped in a conundrum. But I don't care about that. I know that he's fun to be with, loyal to a fault and everything you can hope for in a brother.
So what can I say about Joe's Bachelor party? Hopefully, John and I said something to Joe that we needed to say over many years: Thanks for being who you are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud :) I'm just glad the powder blue tuxedo got to make an appearance BEFORE the wedding!

Jim and Julie Rhea said...

Who wouldn't kill for a Buena Vista Irish coffee?

Anonymous said...

Boog ... awesome post!!! I'm sure you had a fabulous time, as you always do when the bros get together. And I suppose, "what happens in San Diego, stays in San Diego." I look forward to the gazillion pics that someone will send out. Does powder blue go with navy blue??? hmmmmmmm????

Anonymous said...

Hola Jose,

Cómo es usted? Te quiero por un tiempo muy largo!!!

Mucho Amor,

Stardust from Tijuana

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there. I'll see everyone at the wedding and I promise to be on my best behavior.

d boozman